What is an ESOP?
Learn the basics about Employee Stock Ownership Plans:
- What is an ESOP?
- What are the Tax and Financial Advantages of an ESOP?
- Why Should Your Company Adopt an ESOP?
- What is the Technical History of ESOPs?
- What is the Philosophy of the ESOP?
Get quickly acquainted with important reasons why over 20,000 company owners have adopted ESOPs:
Watch Our ABC’s of ESOPs Web Seminar For Free Now!
This is a one-and-a-half hour live Audio/Web Seminar that covers the basics of ESOPs from A to Z. This Audio/Web Seminar is designed for company owners and financial officers who want to determine whether an ESOP might be a good fit for their company. This program is designed to provide a broad overview of the advantages and disadvantages of ESOPs, without going into the detailed technical aspects of ESOPs.
Articles for Companies Considering an ESOP
- ESOPs Pros and Cons
- ESOPs & Employee Productivity
- ESOP: A New Tax-Savings Tool for Owners of S Corporations
- ESOPs vs. Profit Sharing Plans
- ESOPs: Uses, Advantages & Illustrative Case Histories
- 22 ESOP Myths and Misconceptions
- Exit Strategies — as published in the January, 2006 issue of Electrical Wholesaling
ESOP Web Seminars On-Demand
- “The ABCs of ESOPs”
- “Equity Compensation Alternatives for ESOP Companies”
- Webinar with Jack Stack
- ESOPs for Automobile Dealers
- ESOPs for Architects & Engineers
- ESOPs for Banks & Thrifts
- Options and Alternatives for Structuring ESOP Transaction
- “ESOPs for Construction Firms, Contractors and Subcontractors”
- “ESOPs for Insurance Agencies”
- “ESOPs for Government Contractors”
- “ESOPs for Wholesalers & Distributors”
Articles by John D. Menke
- Why Selling To An ESOP Can Give You A Better Financial Return vs. Other Options
- An Open Letter to Business Owners
- Tax Alert for Business Owners!
- Why Should You Consider an ESOP?
- The Origin and History of the ESOP and Its Future Role as a Business Succession Plan
- A Modest Proposal for a New, New Deal
- ESOP Marketability Discounts: Is the “Put Option” Argument Fallacious?
- Exit Strategies: An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) May Be the Solution to Your Succession-Planning Dilemma
- Restoring the American Dream: Economic Stimulation and Solutions for Creating New American Jobs and for Protecting Existing American Jobs
- Distributions from an ESOP in the Form of Employer Stock: An Unfortunate Trap for the Unwary
- Faultering Economy Highlights Need for a Restructuring of America
- Why China Must Support and Encourage the Development of ESOPs
- The ESOP as Defined by Final IRS Regulations
- The Employee Stock Ownership Trust: A New Trend in Employee Benefits and Corporate Finance
Profile of An ESOP Candidate
Why Should You Consider an ESOP?
Whether you want to sell some or all of your stock in the company in the next five years or whether you plan to remain active for the long term, Menke & Associates, Inc. proposes to work with you to develop a program which should help you achieve your growth potential and multiply the total value of your investment in the company.
ESOP Administration Deadlines